Tuesday, December 11, 2012

a new beginning

..........Its been TWO MONTHS since my last post.A LOT has happened since then.For one, iv been very sick for what seems like an eternity now.We can thank H-Pylori for that. I'm still fighting the good fight although i haven't been able to work out until 3 days ago.Iv decided to switch things up COMPLETELY.
Over the last 2 years or so my work outs have been largely cardio-based.Iv seen a lot of positive changes on my body as a result but not quite the body that i want.I'm going for a toned muscular build but i think that iv been going about it the wrong way. So iv decided to dedicate 2013 entirely to strength training.
I started 3 days ago.I'm on a 3 day split following the Hodge twins recommendations.
Day one im hitting back and biceps. take one day off then back on day three for chest and shoulders, another day off then im hitting legs and abs and off on weekends.
Im sticking to compound movements and working out primarily with machines and not free weights yet.
Im doing 3 sets per machine for 6 reps not going to failure on any movement.15 sets total in the gym not going to failure on any set.  Today i hit chest and shoulders despite feeling like sh*t as a result of this bug i have.Then i walked on the treadmill for 15 minutes at a steady pace as recommended by the twins.Im hoping to see some major muscle gains in 6 months once i get on my whey protein and creatine.
wish me luck folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment